Responsible for your privacy
LILIN is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
LILIN may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 5th April 2018.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that information about an individual is kept confidential, unless that person has given permission for it to be disclosed. As per GDPR requirements we will endeavor to process all personal data in accordance with the rights established within the GDPR.
Personal data encompasses any information about you that enables you to be identified; such as your name, contact details, electronic location data and other online identifiers. The personal data we collect is set out below.
Your Rights under the GDPR:
The GDPR establishes the following rights; which we will work to uphold:
a) the right to access any data we hold relating to you; upon request we will provide a copy of this data in a commonly used electronic form.
b) the right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete information held by us.
- c) the right to erasure, or the right to be forgotten- if you would like us to delete any of your personal data, please contact us on the details below.
d) the right to restrict or prevent any further processing of your data.
- e) the right to data portability-as you have consented for us to hold your data, you can ask us to provide a copy of this data to re-use with another service, or to send directly to another data controller if possible.
f) the right to object to us using your data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) rights relating to automated decision making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For further information or clarification regarding the rights listed above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data and feel we have not been able to resolve this adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What we collect
We may collect the following information for marketing purposes:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer offers
For contractual reasons, we may ask you for the following information:
- The company’s registered and trading addresses;
- Company registration and VAT numbers;
- Telephone number and website;
- sales and accounts contact details; including email addresses, phone numbers and fax if applicable.
- trade references.
We also hold information regarding:
-your order history with us,
-credit checks (where applicable)
This data is gathered from prior trading activities, and ongoing business, whether received verbally, in writing, or electronically.
We will never store your credit card or bank details. Card details are destroyed after use for the permitted order. These details will be stored on Global Payments card machine server, and we have no way of accessing these. Should you wish to contact Global Payments yourself regarding their data protection, their contact details can be found at the bottom of this document.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
For the purpose of providing and managing trade accounts Supplying our products and services to you.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out of these at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. You can opt out of this at any time.
How long we hold information
The GDPR states that personal data we hold shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
We could replace this with a broad ‘we retain your information for as long as you hold an open trade account with us, we will remove your data once you inform us that you will no longer be using our services. If you do not hold an account with us, we will retain any information until you ask it to be removed.
In accordance with statutory accounting regulations, all invoices are kept for 7 years in a secure location. We clear this out yearly, and shred and dispose of any invoices older than 7 years
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at contact@LILIN.uk
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time and in accordance with GDPR standards we will strive to provide you with an electronic copy of these within 4 weeks. If your request is more complex, we may require more time to complete your query, but will keep you fully informed of our progress and aim to respond within 3 months.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. Please notify us to any change of address or to the company name. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
LILIN UK Limited Davy Avenue Knowlhill Milton Keynes MK5 8NB
Email: contact@LILIN.uk Tel: +44 0870 120 5550 www.LILIN.co.uk
Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Global Payments: 0845 702 3344. https://www.globalpaymentsinc.com